Frequently Asked Questions
- I’m having trouble downloading files.
- Some people have downloading problems with the large .zip archives, especially. This is somewhat normal. Internet connections are often interrupted and resumed, and some download manager applications are better than others at picking up a download where it left off. So the download either fails, or it “completes” but is corrupted. With a .zip file, if it unzips without an error message, the file is uncorrupted; if it won’t unzip and you get an error message, the file is corrupted, and you should download it again. Other solutions include trying a different internet browser, e.g. if you’re using Firefox, try with Chrome, or vise versa; getting a download-manager/download-accelerator add-on/extension for your browser; and getting a stand-alone download-manager/download-accelerator. These tend to do a better job.
- If you try to download something and get a “404 Content/Page Not Found” message, please contact the site administrator to report the bug.
- This RSS feed is a simple list of new content to this site that your browser or feed reader will automatically check for updates. Then that list will be accessible from, ususally, your browser toolbar as a dropdown menu. Since the RSS feed is just a small text (xml) file, it doesn’t use as much bandwidth to check as would visiting the site periodically to check for new content. Each item link in the feed’s list will open the location on dhammatalks.org where you can download it.
- If you use Firefox or Internet Explorer browsers just left-click on the “subscribe” link and everything should be straightforward. Google Chrome doesn’t have an RSS feed reader, but you can get an add-on, such as Feedly, from the app store. This feed is RSS 2.0 but also has the codes that ought to enable it to work with “atom” readers.